At GTOC, patient and staff safety is a top priority. All of our 3 locations are open and scheduling appointments for all services. We have made changes suggested by area health departments, DMS, OSHA, and Munson so your visit is as safe as possible. Here are some of the things we are doing:
Masks are optional for patients and visitors
We ask that only the patient come into the building for their appointment unless:
- A support person is needed. The patient may bring one support person with them to their appointment.
- The patient is being seen for a specialist consultation, a surgical consultation, or a procedure/surgery, then the patient may bring one support person to their appointment.
We offer both email and smart phone pre-registration through Phreesia to reduce face-to-face time at check in.
- Both patients and staff are asked to attest they do not have any of the following: Temperature higher than 100.4 or chills, sore throat, muscle pain/body aches, fatigue, new loss of taste or smell, severe headache, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, controlled or new-onset cough, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, congestion or runny nose, or abdominal pain.
- Additional questions include asking if the patient/staff do not have a pending COVID-19 test due to COVID-19 symptoms.
- Lastly we ask if in the last 5 days the patient or staff have not: Tested positive for COVID-19, had any COVID-19 symptoms, been exposed to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 OR someone who is awaiting COVID-19 test results; or have been asked to quarantine in the past 10 days.
- Increased disinfecting of high-touch surfaces and common areas.
- Exam rooms and testing areas are thoroughly cleaned between patients.
- Each night the office is professionally cleaned.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the office.
- Glasses or contacts can be mailed to the patient.
- Telehealth appointments are available for certain conditions.