Your Upcoming Appointment and COVID-19 Safety Measures
At GTOC, patient and staff safety is a top priority. All of our 3 locations are open and scheduling appointments for all services. We have made changes to prevent the spread of COVID-19 so your visit is as safe as possible. Here are some of the things we are doing:
Masks are required for everyone who enters the office
- If you are medically unable to wear a mask, please let us know when you book your appointment.
Social distancing maintained
- Waiting room seating is rearranged to comply with social distancing.
- We ask that only the patient come into the building for their appointment.
- EXCEPT: If a support person is needed, then the patient may bring one person with them to their appointment.
- EXCEPT: If the patient has been referred for a specialist consultation or for surgery, then the patient may bring one additional support person.
- We offer both email and smart phone pre-registration through Phreesia to reduce face-to-face time at check in.
- Telehealth appointments are available.
Staff and patients are asked these COVID-19 screening questions
- Do you have the following: Fever, cough (excluding chronic cough due to known medical reason), shortness of breath, sore throat, diarrhea/vomiting?
- Have you had close contact in the last 14 days with someone diagnosed with COVID-19?
- Have you been told to self-isolate or self-quarantine?
- Increased disinfecting of high-touch surfaces and common areas.
- Exam rooms and testing areas are thoroughly cleaned between patients.
- Each night the office is professionally cleaned.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the office.
- Frames that are handled by a patient are cleaned before being placed back on display.
- Glasses or contacts can be mailed to the patient.